Information Management -- 2008-2009 -- info.uvt.ro
Optional Course 2nd Semester
- Presentation of activities, information and flow of information in a production company.
- Application design for specific activities (supply chain, production, gestion, sales).
- Team working.
- Use of specific tools like UML or similar.
- Processes flow design.
- Intercommunication between the system components.
Part I. Company production presentation.
- Basic activities and process flow in the company.
- New product design: conditions of contract, component design, technology design. Results: components, raw materials, piece technology.
- Details of the subsystem design: data base, detailed design, reports.This is a model for other subsystems.
- Supply chain.Defining of the necessary horizon. Detailed flow: order commitment, raw material reception, specific documents. Supply chain management.
- Orders for production and its management.
- Product and component assembly. Assembly management. Flow and specific documents. Assembly order and component necessary elements. Reception of assembly results.
- Fabrication management: Flow and documents.
- Sales. Client order collection. Flow and documents. Sales management. Invoice commitment.
- Raw material management: inputs from suppliers, deposit management:entries, outputs, stock management, reports.
- Stock component management:entries, outputs, stock management, reports.
- Product stock management: entries, outpts, reports.
- Stock management. Common and specific elements. Document contents and expenses elements collection.
- Manual labor. Worker and team earnings.
- Outils and their absorption (damping). Basics.
- Expenses gathering.
Part II. Application design.
For a specific activity like: supply chain, production , sales.
- Application functions design.
- Data base design.
- Process modeling (control flow design). Workflow design.
- Required reports.
- Interconnections with other applications.
- UML or similar for design
- Implementation is recommended to be done using modern tools.
- Workflow design using appropriate tools (Intalio or similar tools)
- A team can be composed from 2-4 students.
- After company presentation, the team will design the specific application for an activity (like: supply chain, production, sales).
- The implementation will contain the framework and many important functions of application.
In the last three labs of the semester the designed projects will be presented.
- The team will give a general evaluation of the project in accordance with:
- the overall quality of the project;
- tools and technologies used in design and implementation;
- individual contribution of every team member.
- Every team member will give a personal qualification on its own activity in the team and will state what he(she) learned during the overall activity in the team.
The final mark will be given by the above considerations in the overall context of projects:
- project value between all the projects;
- team evaluation
- individual contribution.
prof. dr. Alexandru Cicortas, email@example.com