Wikiversity:Test wiki custodians
Test wiki custodians are an active contributors to Wikiversity in the testing phase and who take care of their Wikiversity in the testing phase.
- Block a user from sending email (
- Block other users from editing (
- Delete pages (
- Not create redirects from source pages when moving pages (
- Quickly rollback the edits of the last user who edited a particular page (
- Undelete a page (
But test custodians may only use their tools on pages and users in their own test. In general, the maintenance of Wikiversity BETA is performed by custodians and bureaucrat. Administration activities beyond one's own test must be urgent, without custodians or bureaucrats. In that case, they have a duty to explain their action and may be revoked if misused.
- You must have a userpage on Wikiversity BETA and be a contributor to here.
- Your testing phase wiki have more than 30 content pages. (Except for translation and main page)
- You are not completely new to Wikimedia projects and you understand and agree with Wikiversity BETA policies.
- There can be several test custodians for one test. And if you need, you can be a test custodian for more than one test.
- Place your request, including the name of the test in which you work, below at #Requests for test custodianship.
- Users are given 5 days to place comments. After this period, requests will be reviewed by a bureaucrat and if there is no reasonable opposition, you will be made into a test custodian.
- Requests for test-custodian are not votes. They are opportunities for other users to raise possible problems. If you get no comment at all under your name, that doesn't mean you are a bad user; it means no one has any objections to you being a test custodian.
- You can alternatively hold a discussion in a "community portal" page of the test Wikiversity. After at least 5 days, you can then add your request here, so that a bureaucrat will decide about it directly.
Removal and renewal
- Test custodians will be revoked after a domain request for their language is completed, or automatically after a year.
- After one year, test custodians can simply request that their test custodianship is renewed.
Requests for test custodianship
====[[User:Username|]] (langcode: xxx) ====
(Reason of application) --~~~~
====[[User:Testwiki|]] (langcode: en) ====
(Reason of application) --~~~~
Tangirala1234 (langcode: te)
I am applying for this as to help develop the Telugu Wikiversity. I have made around 80 edits (latest on 17 March, 2020), out of which, 7 pages were created, 2 categories were formed and a proto mainpage was establshed. I have an editing experience across the English and Sanskrit Wikipedias with around 440 edits and 70 edits respectively. Finally, my mother tongue is Telugu and am equipped with the right typing software to edit. Thanking You. --Tangirala1234 (talk) 11:25, 17 March 2020 (UTC)
- @Tangirala1234: Thank you for applying. There are 7 pages in your langcode category. However, more than 30 pages are required to apply test custodian. If there is an uncategorized pages, would you categorize them? Thanks. --Sotiale (talk) 12:05, 17 March 2020 (UTC)
- Not done for now. --Sotiale (talk) 14:42, 27 April 2020 (UTC)
JohnsonLee01 (langcode: vi)
I think my viwiki is too qualified to claim this right, every member is very fluent and often edits and helps wikiversity to grow. I also need to delete some leftover pages, misspellings or wrong titles. I am very familiar with Wiki, I joined 2016 with ip until 2019, in 2020 I just started to reg acc, I am also an active member at Vietnamese Wikipedia.@Sotiale: Thanks. Le Duc Anh 💬 10:53, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
- Uhh.. JohnsonLee01, I said that: .. It's difficult right now because you've just started contributing, but after a week of contributing, your community can pick a test-custodian from the contributors of the VI project. ... Your continued participation began 2 days ago. Most of your contributions are cat-a-lot edits, so I hope to process this request from a week later. And I wonder if other VI editors know about this. --Sotiale (talk) 11:02, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
- @Sotiale: I also discussed with them and the Vietnamese Wikipedia user community via Facebook, they told me that I can ask for permission right away. To the best of my ability shown in Vietnamese Wikipedia, the community that supports me has this right. Le Duc Anh 💬 11:20, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
- I was invited by JohnsonLee01 to this project, he is very active at Vietnamese Wikipedia, although he has only been involved for 2 months, he has been granted 4 different rights by the administrator. I think JohnsonLee01 deserves this right. I have contributed to this project and I can understand the importance of this right. Nothing I Can't (talk) 12:25, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
- @Sotiale: Hi, this request has been full 5 days, you can grant me permission, I will delete the learning resources wrong name, and more, by no one deleted. I will also comply properly and do not abuse the right. Thanks! Le Duc Anh 💬 06:28, 10 July 2020 (UTC)
- @Sotiale: thanks you, I promise to carry out my duties. Le Duc Anh 💬 13:28, 10 July 2020 (UTC)