Wikiversity:Test wiki custodians
Test wiki custodians are an active contributors to Wikiversity in the testing phase and who take care of their Wikiversity in the testing phase.
- Block a user from sending email (
- Block other users from editing (
- Delete pages (
- Not create redirects from source pages when moving pages (
- Quickly rollback the edits of the last user who edited a particular page (
- Undelete a page (
But test custodians may only use their tools on pages and users in their own test. In general, the maintenance of Wikiversity BETA is performed by custodians and bureaucrat. Administration activities beyond one's own test must be urgent, without custodians or bureaucrats. In that case, they have a duty to explain their action and may be revoked if misused.
- You must have a userpage on Wikiversity BETA and be a contributor to here.
- Your testing phase wiki have more than 30 content pages. (Except for translation and main page)
- You are not completely new to Wikimedia projects and you understand and agree with Wikiversity BETA policies.
- There can be several test custodians for one test. And if you need, you can be a test custodian for more than one test.
- Place your request, including the name of the test in which you work, below at #Requests for test custodianship.
- Users are given 5 days to place comments. After this period, requests will be reviewed by a bureaucrat and if there is no reasonable opposition, you will be made into a test custodian.
- Requests for test-custodian are not votes. They are opportunities for other users to raise possible problems. If you get no comment at all under your name, that doesn't mean you are a bad user; it means no one has any objections to you being a test custodian.
- You can alternatively hold a discussion in a "community portal" page of the test Wikiversity. After at least 5 days, you can then add your request here, so that a bureaucrat will decide about it directly.
Removal and renewal
- Test custodians will be revoked after a domain request for their language is completed, or automatically after a year.
- After one year, test custodians can simply request that their test custodianship is renewed.
Requests for test custodianship
====[[User:Username|]] (langcode: xxx) ====
(Reason of application) --~~~~
====[[User:Testwiki|]] (langcode: en) ====
(Reason of application) --~~~~
- I think it's too early that you requested this less than 48 hours after your account was created. Your project already has a test custodian, so ask him to take action. --Sotiale (talk) 11:20, 17 September 2021 (UTC)
- @Sotiale:I think you should grant this right to this member. I find this member very active and there is no reason to prevent this user from contributing to Wikiversity in Vietnamese. I'm very busy right now, so this member will need this right to maintain the project. Thanks 阮孟安 (對話) 03:09, 23 September 2021 (UTC)
- No. See the requirements; ... You are not completely new to Wikimedia projects. .... This is the minimum requirement to ensure that they do not abuse their permission. It is rare to flag a newly created account, rather it is a symptom of something else. --Sotiale (talk) 11:51, 25 September 2021 (UTC)