||This page is an Archive
This information is kept for referential reasons only and should not be edited.
I'm Devunt (Talk | Email | Contribs | SulUtil). Admin and crat of Testwiki(proof), One of MediaWiki developer(proof), and wikimedia toolserver user (proof). I'm sysop on many wikis for test and experience.
I want to test for Korean Wikiversity, like localizing messages before commit to translatewiki.net(betawiki). so I want sysop privilege. thanks. --Devunt 04:26, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
- Support Support I hope that Korean wikiverstity will be successful in operation.Tinystu 14:29, 21 August 2010 (UTC)
I don't have big demands on a custodian, but like JWSchmidt I still want to know why Devunt actually need the tools before making up my mind. Kaj 10:50, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
- Devunt, Your request would be far more credible if you stick around more and help build the Korean wikiversity, and also answer the questions. <Hillgentleman| ~ | 書> 03:41, 23 August 2010 (UTC)
- Kaj 09:01, 18 August 2010 (UTC) At the moment for three reasons: 1. This is not a testwiki. 2. Low interest in answering our questions. 3. Almost no activity at Beta beside this request.
- Test what? Why does "localizing messages" require special tools? --JWSchmidt 13:29, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
- yes. localizing mediawiki messages. It require administrator's editinterface right. --Devunt 11:24, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
- Devunt, please provide an example of an edit that you want to make in the MediaWiki namespace. --JWSchmidt 13:02, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
- To explain a bit why JWS is apprehensive, this site has, in the past been disrupted by similar agents purporting to be representing some interest from a sister project, only to engage in out-of-process deletions that alienated the resident scholars here. It would be helpful if you provided some assurance that you have no hidden agenda to carry out some stealth mission from some nefarious cabal that has it in for Wikiversity. Moulton 02:31, 27 July 2010 (UTC)
- I think Wikiversity is not a test plattform for testing changes to the interface massages. Maybe you should install a own local wiki with the SVN code on your computer and test there the changes. --Viele Grüße Jan Luca (Talk) (Email) 16:14, 11 August 2010 (UTC)
- Are you going to help us maintain the site and launch the Korean Wikiversity? That would be the reason why you need the tools. <Hillgentleman| ~ | 書> 18:14, 12 August 2010 (UTC)
- In the spirit of "It's no big deal": There are different views above: but one should hang someone only after something bad has happened. So, why not? ----Erkan Yilmaz uses the Wikiversity:Chat (try) 16:06, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
- Vasiliev was a strange case. Right after he requested the tools he nominated the entire project for closure. And then he had the curious idea to close the overwhelming poll on meta: against with his own agenda filled comment. I don't see anything wrong with this candidate but we need Devunt to introduce himself with more details. <Hillgentleman| ~ | 書> 03:46, 15 August 2010 (UTC)
- Precisely so. There have been far too many examples of agents and operatives coming in with nefarious hidden agendas to be able to trust strangers who have not yet established their trustworthiness. Moulton 18:59, 17 August 2010 (UTC)
- Devunt doesn't seem to have been very responsive to the questions. Some of the comments here though seem almost hostile and paranoid. Whilst caution is appropriate, we've got to remember that Devunt is wanting rights to try to help out so the focus here should be on clarifying what Devunt intends to do rather than asking for assurances that he doesn't have a "hidden agenda to carry out some stealth mission from some nefarious cabal that has it in for Wikiversity" or similar nonsense. I agree that it would be useful for Devunt to explain more clearly his intentions. In the meantime however, it may be useful to look at his contribs on Test Wiki where it seems he may have requested rights for similar reasons as that might suggest what his plan here is. Adambro 22:37, 18 August 2010 (UTC)
- It's been four weeks, and Devunt has been singularly unresponsive. I recommend against giving power tools to those who want power tools, but don't want to respond to reasonable questions about their use of those tools. —Moulton 14:40, 23 August 2010 (UTC)
I feel that this has run its course and I'm closing the request. //Kaj 18:20, 24 August 2010 (UTC)