||This page is an Archive
This information is kept for referential reasons only and should not be edited.
Kaj (Talk | Email | Contribs | SulUtil) request temporary Custodianship for the Swedish section. The section has at the moment no community, no activity, little content and is in need of a big cleanup. My main reason to have the tools is to maintain the Swedish section until the community grows, but I'm glad to also do what I can for the Beta-community.
Beside wikiversity I'm mainly active at sv.wikibooks where I'm Sysop.
- I support, the active participant, tries to develop the Swedish section. S.J. 16:01, 23 September 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for your request. Can you provide a few instances where you would use the custodian tools? Best, <Hillgentleman| ~ | 書> 15:13, 4 October 2009 (UTC)
- In an earlier initiative with the swedish section a somewhat over-ambitious user created a structure with a bunch (30+) of pages with no real content that hasn't been touched since then (over a year ago), with the tools I could delete them without the extra steps of me requesting a deletion.
- I can react on nonsense, spam and vandalism in the scandinavian languages.
- In the spirit of Beta's multilingualism I think the users should be able to request Custodian Action i their native language.
- I want to stress that none of these examples are given to say that I must have the tools, I'll just think it would make some things somewhat easier. Kaj 16:28, 4 October 2009 (UTC)
- I see. Wikiversity is more experimental than other wikis and we often allow editors to open pages with little content and we encourage people to contribute to them. A year isn't a long time in the wiki scale and I wouldn't be surprised if that editor comes back. Did any page get into your way when you were creating content? <Hillgentleman| ~ | 書> 21:57, 9 October 2009 (UTC)
- The problem, as I see it, is that this is portalpages that have been created in case someone, sometime, want to create content for them. Some of them have actualy been used, but the rest just contains some layout-templates and links to the other portalpages. I belive this can be a problem for new users, after 6-7 empty portals you quit looking and may miss the ones that have content. My solution at the moment has been to remove the empty ones from the main page and mark them with a swedish "nominated for deletion"-template to see if anyone intrested in them shows up, but in the long run I think it is better to remove the unused pages, anyone with a intrest can always create a new page. Kaj 09:03, 10 October 2009 (UTC)
- I see. Thanks for your explanation. 13:57, 11 October 2009 (UTC)
- Since we do need Swedish custodians I would support if no one objects. <Hillgentleman| ~ | 書> 21:57, 9 October 2009 (UTC)
- Rights changed. Kaj, Thanks for your contributions. Best, <Hillgentleman| ~ | 書> 08:10, 14 October 2009 (UTC)