Note: Here we discuss the main page itself.
For general discussions on Wikiversitiy, please go to Babel.
A count of main namespace articles was recently added. This caused me to wonder what the main namespace content of this wiki is. I have been creating pages such as Wikiversity:Original research, but maybe the main namespace of this wiki is the correct place for discussion of Wikiversity policy. --JWSchmidt 04:41, 3 September 2006 (UTC)
- I think the Wikiversity namespace was the right place to create your page. Actually, Wikiversity Beta is both a meta-wiki for Wikiversity projects, and an incubator. We must clearly separate those two roles. I think it is right to keep the main namespace for incubator-related stuff, and Wikiversity namespace for gloabal coordination / discussions. guillom 10:56, 3 September 2006 (UTC)
- Not clear to me why we have this.. unless it's an incubator for non-en or de langs. Shouldn't interlang coordination take place on the actual meta? There isn't a meta wikibooks or wikipedia to my knowleage.--Rayc 04:38, 5 September 2006 (UTC)
This wiki if for coordinating the various language versions of Wikipedia with each other. It is not a beta version of anything. The beta hostname is causing confusion and should be changed imediately to something more appropriate and clear. --22.214.171.124 20:04, 23 September 2006 (UTC)
- The whole wikiversity project is in beta phase per decision of the Board of trustees. As explained on the main page, Wikiversity beta is both a coordination project and a place where are hosted content of wikiversity projects which don't have a dedicated subdomain yet. guillom 20:19, 23 September 2006 (UTC)
- Please change host beta to host www within the next six months. Beta as a hostname does not parallel the en and de hostnames well and is causing unnecessary confusion. Beta is in the logos of the various language versions of the project already. The logos are the appropriate place to indicate beta status. The hostname is not. Thanks :-) Rogerhc 23:42, 23 September 2006 (UTC)
http://wikiversity.org/ is the front door to the Wikiversity project
Comments about the front door at http://wikiversity.org/
- Both the top center logo "Beta" and the bottom center Beta Project Coordination link to the same destination. That is confusing to newcomers as they try to figure out what the difference between those two are -- there is none. Please remove one or the other. --Rogerhc 00:08, 24 September 2006 (UTC)
- The Beta Project Coordination link reads as if we are in a beta version of project coordination. Better take "beta" out of that. Simply Project coordination would communicate more clearly. --Rogerhc 00:08, 24 September 2006 (UTC)
- Please leave your comments on the dedicated page: m:Talk:Www.wikiversity.org template. About your second point, Beta is simply the name of this wiki. guillom 07:54, 26 September 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks. Have done that now and submitted a portal tweek: see http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Www.wikiversity.org_template#Version_2 --Rogerhc 00:28, 27 September 2006 (UTC)
We have 332 000+ articles in Polisch Wikipedia, why don't we have our free university?
- You will have to ultimately go to m:Requests for new languages. You can also use this website as an "incubator". --JWSchmidt 00:34, 11 January 2007 (UTC)
pagina in italiano
salve c'è qualcuno qui che parli in italiano? Come si sviluppa wikiversity? sono interessato a collaborare
- Ciao, the Wikiversity in Italian language exists already here. You can ask questions at the it:Wikiversità:Bar, ----Erkan Yilmaz 14:01, 22 August 2008 (UTC)
If the Wikiversity(ies) wish to shed all unnecessary obstacles to learning that have been created over the centuries by traditional universities, one more thing we could do is get rid of the mortar board as the icon of Wikiversity. -- unsigned [ 03:59, 8 October 2007 126.96.36.199 (Talk | block) (4,578 bytes) (undo)]
- Thanks for your feedback. I guess you mean this WV logo (e.g. ) ? But also the logo above the left navigation bar here at beta suggests a certain influence. It certainly might help influence people to one direction when thinking of Wikiversity. You can look in the old meta:Wikiversity/logo votes why people voted for this one and not the other proposed logos. I guess it could always be initiated a new voting. Anyone can feel free to start a discussion at Wikiversity:Babel. ----Erkan Yilmaz 15:58, 22 August 2008 (UTC)
language on the main page
I'd like to add a link to Glavna stran page, which is a starting page for Slovenian incubator, but can not edit. Can someone help?
- I did my best. Any suggestions for improvement? --JWSchmidt 15:08, 13 November 2007 (UTC)
- Yes. The main pages are listed on Main Page/Top. It is semi-protected - users who have registered for more than a few (four?) days can edit. The reason for the semi-protection was that someone had edited it as if were a local page.Hillgentleman|書 09:12, 28 November 2007 (UTC)
Change name title for the page in Galician
the main title with the links to other languages is written in the native language, so i'd apreciate it if anyone able to modify it could change "Galician" and type "Galego" instead
i'm working right now in the translation
thank you --JacoboCA 20:15, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
- Done :) --JacoboCA 20:33, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
Moved pages that can be deleted
These pages can be deleted, because they have already been moved to pt.wikiversity.org .
- Direito Constitucional
- Construção Civil
- Construção Enxuta
- Determinismo, liberdade e responsabilidade moral: Responsabilidade moral
- Introdução a Teoria dos Jogos
- Lógica: Cálculo Proposicional Clássico
- Matemática Computacional
- Portal:Astronomia/Núcleos de Pesquisa
- Modelagem de sistemas hipermidiáticos
- Category:Lógica Matemática
- Category:Matemática Financeira
- Portal: Administração/Núcleos de Pesquisa
- Portal:Filosofia/Racionalismo Material
- Portal:Teologia/Coordenadoria de Educação de Nível Superior
- Portal:Teologia/Ateísmo/Introdução ao Ateísmo
- Trabalho de Conclusão de Curso
- Everything in Category:Tecnologia Eletrônica was moved to here.
--188.8.131.52 20:20, 20 August 2008 (UTC)
Global ban enforcement
- http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Wikiquote:Administrators'_noticeboard#Global_ban_enforcement is a stronger thread than the original I was working with. — Jeff G. ツ 05:13, 3 May 2010 (UTC)
The "Complete list" link under "In other languages" in the Main Page sidebar currently links to the List of Wikipedias at Meta. Oops. That should point to m:Wikiversity instead. - dcljr 04:12, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- Done.Crochet.david 11:03, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
Duplicate in other languages?
How to start a language project on Beta
The main page has:
- To have a new Wikiversity site, you need ten active participants for the project. Then you can request (at meta) for a new language domain to be set up. Meanwhile, please add your project's main page to Template:Main page.
This applies, of course, to projects ready for a new project proposal on the meta wiki that may create an independent Wikiversity site in a language. To start a project here, the above only suggests adding the project's main page to the template. There is an additional step not mentioned: every page intended to be a part of a specific language project should have the appropriate language category applied to it. For Dutch, for example, the category to use is Category:NL. This then allows Recent Changes to show only the activity in a particular language. Further, later, when the new wiki is established, the category specifies what pages are transwiki'd there and deleted here. The main page suggestion here should mention the category, because there has been some confusion about it. --Abd (talk) 16:59, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
We all have seen the advantages and disadvantages of computer science it has led to technological evolution and led to the damage of different opportunities Alkaline Libbi (talk) 12:16, 8 March 2020 (UTC)
The opportunities of studying computer science
How to short-link to beta wikiversity ? This "[[v:en:|en.wikiversity]]" links to the en.wikiversity, from here as well from, for instance, the french wikiversity. Similarly, "[[v:fr:|fr.wikiversity]]" links well to rhe fr.wikiversity. But this does not work with "beta" "[[v:beta:|beta.wikiversity]]" links in fact to "https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Beta:" !!! Did I miss something, is this a bug, or is it wanted ? Thanks --Eric.LEWIN (talk) 18:21, 6 April 2020 (UTC).