User talk:Verdy p
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome to Wikiversity!
- Wikiversity beta is a hub for general multilingual discussions of Wikiversity policies and other issues. It is also an incubator for new Wikiversity projects in various languages.
- Babel is our multilingual forum for general discussions and announcements.
- I performed the minor corrections that may be preferable in French, because your initial substitude message contained typos and red links. I'll see if I can help translating some of the links refered by this message in Template:Welcome/Fr.
- Well, wy did you use capitalized language codes? This just complicates things (their recommanded orthography is all lowercase for 2-letter and 3-letter tags containing language codes, all capitals for 2-letters tags containing region codes, single capital for the four letters script codes, and all other tags with 5 letters or more lowercased, in the documented best practices, see RFC 4646 for the rationale). Meta used to adhere to this capitalization rules, and now Beta Wikiversity is departing for it, creating a mix of conventions that ingores the standardization efforts made everywehere else... Verdy p 00:01, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
- That is a good point. Unfortunately, the capitalisation was in place before I arrived. I thought it was inconvenient that we had all caps for categories and Capitalise the first letters for subpages, but it was already difficult to change then. If that is really an issue, we can see what we can do. For example, we may ask newcomers to use lower case all the time and migrate the pages to lower cases with bots. It may take some time, but if you think it is really worth it, we may try.
- Verdy, Thank you very much. And I apologise if you think I am impolite. I think you are a thoughtful wikimedian and it is never my intention to upset you in any way. Hillgentleman|書 09:46, 15 June 2008 (UTC)