Special projects committee resolution 2006-39A
The SPC recommends the creation of a beta Wikiversity project, to be hosted at the domain wikiversity.org, as per its scope, starting in August.
The project will be dedicated to collecting free multilingual educational resources, and to supporting communities using those resources to teach and learn together.
The beta stage of the project will run for six months, during which guidelines for further potential uses of the site, including collaborative research, will be developed on the beta wiki.
These guidelines will be reviewed by the SPC at the end of the beta period. (source)
14 August 2006 instructions from the Board
- "..... guidelines should be developped, *in particular* with regards to collaborative research. We would hope that these guidelines are as much as possible developped on the beta site (in particular collaborative research), so that all languages share a common goal and a few common non negociable rules."
- "At the end of these 6 months [beta] period, the project will be reviewed, in particular so that the issue of collaborative research is qualified, and if possible to define whether the beta stage is over. Reviewal will be done by Spc."
- Research policies
- Research Guidelines for Wikiversity
- Scope of Research for Wikiversity
- Review Board - formal peer review for Wikiversity
- Research-related pages
- Wikiversity:Research - Source documents concerning research within Wikiversity
- Original research - unpublished research into a topic using literature review and/or methods in addition to literature review
- Secondary research - research into a topic using the method of literature review