Brick and mortar collaboration
Here is a crude and incomplete list of Wikiversity collaboration with brick and mortar (non virtual) institutions, e.g. universities, schools, ... (or, if you read it from the opposite direction, brick and mortar institutions using Wikiversity).
Brick-and-mortar institutions often use Wikiversity as a means of communication, to post lecture notes, or to work on projects as parts of their exploration towards the rapidly developing field of on-line learning.
- 1 Austrian Wikiversity
- 2 Beta Wikiversity
- 3 Bangladeshi Wikiversity
- 4 Czech Wikiversity
- 5 Dutch Wikiversity
- 6 English Wikiversity
- 7 Finnish Wikiversity
- 8 French Wikiversity
- 9 German Wikiversity
- 10 Greek Wikiversity
- 11 Hungarian Wikiversity (Magyar Wikiegyetem)
- 12 Italian Wikiversity
- 13 Japanese Wikiversity
- 14 Portuguese Wikiversity
- 15 Punjabi Wikiversity
- 16 Romanian Wikiversity (hosted in Beta Wikiversity)
- 17 Russian Wikiversity
- 18 Spanish Wikiversity
- 19 Slovenian Wikiversity
- 20 Telugu Wikiversity
- 21 Türkçe Wikiversity
- 22 Vietnamese Wikiversity
- 23 Chinese Wikiversity
- 24 Indian Wikiversity
All the courses you can find here:
- category:ET: Category:Ethics_and_Law_in_New_Media, Category:IT eetilised, sotsiaalsed ja professionaalsed aspektid,
- Category:Online communities
- Web 2.0 tools
- List of computer science learning material (mostly laboratory notes) from West University of Timisoara (Romania)
- Course: Internet- and projectcompetence
- User:Teemu: http://www2.uiah.fi/~tleinone/
- Institute of Fine Arts, University of Chittagong.
- Govt. Bangla College,Mirpur,Dhaka.
- cs:user:Kychot (teaching medical biophysics on the Charles University in Prague)
- cs:MedFyz = Preparing course of physics for studium of medicine
- cs:Kategorie:Biofyzikální praktika = Biophysical lab for students of medicine – theory and instructions for laboratory tasks
- Preparing slides for lectures: cs:Biosignály (přednáška)
- cs:Uživatel:Kychot/PGS lékařská biofyzika = Postgradual studium of medical biophysics (Ph.D.)
In 2015 is de Nederlandstalige Wikiversiteit nog in beta. Het plan is om de community te laten groeien naar een man of tien door een aantal leerprojecten te starten. Gggg
The main page is en:Wikiversity:School and university projects (through 2011, with later additions)
- en:User:Robert Elliott and his film-making course
- en:User:Stevenarntson's class
- User:Egm6341.s10.Team4.nimaa&m and their fellow students
- en:University of Westminster
- en:Wright State University Lake Campus
- w:Ladd Observatory at w:Brown University
- en:Harper College
All together nine courses / learning projects that are produced by three Finnish (brick and mortar) Universities and one University of Applied Sciences. Examples:
- fi:Suunnittelun tutkimus - Course of the Department of Information Studies and Interactive Media of the University of Tampere
- fi:Julkinen sosiologia - Course of the Faculty of Education of the University of Tampere
- fi:Mediakasvatus ja uudet lukutaidot - Course of the Faculty of Education of the University of Tampere
- fi:New Methods of Assessment - Course of the University of Turku
- fi:Vapaiden ja avointen oppiresurssien tuottaminen - Course of the Aalto University School of Art and Design
- fr:Travaux de recherche et projets collaboratifs then "Projets collaboratifs"
- de:Kategorie:Kurs an einer Universität
- de:Kategorie:Öffentliche Wissenschaftler
- Universität Osnabrück/Mathematik
- Prof. Holger Brenner (Universität Osnabrück)
Hungarian Wikiversity (Magyar Wikiegyetem)
- University of Pannonia 1 - A first wikiversity editor team established at this university. We will make the hungarian version of the project.
- Istituto comprensivo Valle di Ledro, a school in Trento province (Trentino, Italy)
- Istituto comprensivo Isera-Rovereto, a school in the Rovereto area (Trentino, Italy)
- with Bolzano University and with the Ladin Area Education Board (Soprintendenza scolastica per le località ladine) regarding a collaboration involving several Wikimedia projects
- O Futuro da Informação is a course currently being organized at, and with the support of, one of Brazil's most well known Culture Centers, Centro Cultural São Paulo.
- ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਵਿਕੀਵਰਸਟੀ in development at beta.
Romanian Wikiversity (hosted in Beta Wikiversity)
At the West University of Timisoara we began a project of presenting some of our laboratory material as a wiki page. In this way students can have fast access to related information directly from the wiki:
- list of available learning material (mostly laboratory notes);
- people involved in this project:
ru:Викиверситет:Постоянный_преподавательский_состав_факультетов_и_количjjjjество_студентов - Here about our constant teachers and students
- ru:RNAFoldingAI - research project
- ru:Программирование игр на Си-шарп (Microsoft Terrarium) - learning course
(These are the most active)
I'm working as technician at Marine Biology Department of the University of Vienna, and I look forward to drop content at wikiversity in spanish. --Feministo 21:23, 29 May 2010 (UTC)
- category:Wikivesity: University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Education, Student's Project
Türkçe Vikiversite 
- Đại học An Giang (coming soon)
The types of universities include:
- Central universities, or Union universities, are established by an Act of Parliament and are under the purview of the Department of Higher Education in the Union Human Resource Development Ministry. as of 29 June 2017, the UGC lists 47 central universities.
- State universities are run by the state government of each of the states and territories of India and are usually established by a local legislative assembly act. As of 6 October 2017, the UGC lists 367 state universities. The oldest establishment date listed by the UGC is 1857, shared by the University of Mumbai, the University of Madras and the University of Calcutta. Most State Universities are affiliating universities in that they administer a large number of affiliated colleges (many located in very small towns) that typically offer a range of undergraduate courses, but may also offer post-graduate courses. More established colleges may even offer Ph.D. programs in some departments with the approval of the affiliating university.
- Deemed university, or "Deemed to be University", is a status of autonomy granted by the Department of Higher Education on the advice of the UGC, under Section 3 of the UGC Act. As of 6 October 2017, the UGC lists 123 deemed universities. According to this list, the first institute to be granted deemed university status was Indian Institute of Science, which was granted this status on 12 May 1958. In many cases, the same listing by the UGC covers several institutes. For example, the listing for Homi Bhabha National Institute covers the Institute of Mathematical Sciences, the Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research and other institutes.
- Private universities are approved by the UGC. They can grant degrees but they are not allowed to have off-campus affiliated colleges. As of 6 October 2017, the UGC list of private universities lists 282 universities.