Wikiversity:Request custodian action/En/archive/20100325
Wikiversity Custodians (also known as administrators or sysops), are Wikiversity users who have access to technical features that help with maintenance of Wikiversity. Those features include protecting and deleting pages, blocking editors (spamming IPs, ...) and undoing these actions as well.
- Archive and ______&preload=template:empty&autoclick=wpSave archivingEnglish: This page is about Request custodian action. You can browse this page in different languages above and help multilingual discussion by translating it._français: Cette page de navigation concerne Requêtes pour les administrateur. Vous pouvez consulter cette page dans les différentes langues indiquées ci-dessus et favoriser la discussion multilingue en la traduisant._русский: Эта страница посвящена Запросам действий Хранителей. Вы можете ознакомиться с этой страницей на других языках и помочь многоязычному общению, переведя её._svenska: Denna navigeringsida handlar om Begäran om hjälp från Custodian. Du kan använda denna sida till att komma till olika språkversioner och även hjälpa flerspråksdiskussionen genom att översätta den._
Please use WV:RFI.
- Next time try to explain more here not on IRC. We are the multilingual project and we dont know, whats going on on each wv. Anyway will be there other users for other languages? IMHO, done.--Juan 08:20, 15 October 2008 (UTC)
- Wait. Why couldn't a user pick this name? Please explicitly explain why. Hillgentleman <| ~ |> 書 16:25, 15 October 2008 (UTC)
The user page was protected against anonymous edits, as is done on English Wikiversity, so anyone could add more information if they wished, however the user talk page was fully protected too, because it is on English Wikiversity. My guess is that it is to prevent new users accidentally trying to communicate with the Example user.
A user wishing to use this username as their personal account should be advised that it is inviting trouble due to this. If someone wants to use it for its intended purpose, I'd be happy to reset the password and give it to them. John Vandenberg 06:25, 16 October 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you very much! How do you like the notice on user talk:example? <Hillgentleman| ~ | 書> 05:23, 17 October 2008 (UTC)
Ampheck is an encyclopedic page that is in English. It seems like it should be exported to the English Wikipedia. If it is education, it should be exported to the English Wikiversity. The language makes it seem like it would best work at the English Wikiversity. Ottava Rima 16:19, 25 March 2010 (UTC)
- You can always fork the article. We don't need to delete it if people are going to translate it or if there are learning activities around it. And, for the second case, usually, it is best done on English wikiversity. But, as a courtesy, we should make sure the author has done what he wanted to do first. <Hillgentleman| ~ | 書> 18:42, 25 March 2010 (UTC)
Deletion/Export Logical graph
Same as Ampheck, the two articles seem to be connected. Ottava Rima 16:21, 25 March 2010 (UTC)
- You can always fork the article. We don't need to delete it if people are going to translate it or if there are learning activities around it. And, usually for the second case it is best done on English wikiversity. But, as a courtesy, we should make sure the author has done what he wants to do first. <Hillgentleman| ~ | 書> 18:42, 25 March 2010 (UTC)
It would be nice to have that handy template for multi-column lists, the one that works like this:
Thanks, JonAwbrey 01:00, 24 March 2010 (UTC)
- Do you know the name of the specific template you want? --JWSchmidt 02:13, 24 March 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks! That was just the ticket! JonAwbrey 13:38, 24 March 2010 (UTC)
Note on “Exporting”
My emphasis. (Your dangling preposition.) JonAwbrey 19:54, 25 March 2010 (UTC)
- Exporting/importing would move the complete history over. It would be as if you edited it at the other location (with every single edit in the history moved over) and there will be a note in the log stating which wiki it was exported from. Ottava Rima 21:04, 25 March 2010 (UTC)
- Beta serves as the "incubator" for other projects that don't yet exist, so pages tend to be exported over into new languages quite frequently. So, projects tend to be moved from here unless they exist in multiple languages (which is an option if you want to translate/find a translator). Ottava Rima 21:06, 25 March 2010 (UTC)