Translation administrators indicate what page needs to be translated using the page translation functionality that is part of the Translate extension. In addition to that, they are the only ones that can delete the translated pages created by the translation extension.
Administrators are able to add (and remove) themselves to the group if they are willing to help other users or need it and they know what to do (because they've read the documentation and if possible tested it — beta.wikiversity is not a playground and translators are not toys). Additionally, any user can request it (with the same requirements) to local bureaucrats at Requests for Custodianship. Bureaucrats are also able to remove the right.
- Translate extension guidelines — How to use the Translate extension on Meta-Wiki.
- Page translation general documentation — For translators (in MediaWiki).
- Page translation feature - extensive documentation — For translation administrators (in MediaWiki).
- Preparing a page for translation
- Special landing pages on this wiki